New Unified Portal of EPFO was launched on 28 Dec 2016. It gives the facility to change mobile number in UAN online without going through UAN Helpdesk. This article talks about how to Change Mobile Number in UAN online if you have forgotten your password and your mobile number has changed without going through UAN Helpdesk.
Steps to Change Mobile Number in UAN if forgotten Password
- Go to UAN website of EPF at UAN New Website
- Click on Forgot Password.
- Enter your UAN number and Captcha. Click on Verify.
- The mobile number mapped to your UAN will be shown. If you want to change the mobile Number you can click on No.
- You will see the screen asking for your Name, Date of Birth, Gender. Click on Verify.If you get an error such as Details not matching, check with your employer as to which Aadhaar Number or PAN number is linked with your UAN.
- Validate your details against Aadhaar or PAN. Click on Verify near the Document number. If you get Details not matching error, check with your employer as to which Aadhaar Number or PAN number is linked with your UAN.
- If you see Details Validated then you can enter a new mobile number. Click on Get OTP.
- Once you enter OTP sent to your new mobile number, you will enter your new password twice.
- You will see Password changed successfully message. You can click on Login to log with your new password.
Steps to Change Mobile Number in UAN in Detail in UAN if forgotten Password and Mobile Number Changed
The UAN is a 12-digit number allotted to each Employee Provident Fund member by the Employee Provident Fund Organization(EPFO) which gives him control of his EPF account and minimizes the role of employer. UAN acts as an umbrella for the multiple Employee Provident Fund Numbers or Member Ids allotted to an individual by different employers. The idea is to link multiple Employee Provident Fund Number of a person to single Universal Account Number. Our article UAN or Universal Account Number and Registration of UAN discusses it in detail.
Steps to Change Mobile Number in UAN in Detail with images is given below.
Go to EPFO website at UAN: Home
Click on Forgot Password as shown in image below
Enter your UAN number and Captcha (in the image below Captch is wines) as shown in the image below. Click on Verify
The mobile number mapped to your UAN will be shown. If you want to change the mobile Number you can click on No.
You will see the screen asking for your Name, Date of Birth, Gender, KYC Type, and Document Number. Enter your details. Click on Verify near the Document number.
Enter your new mobile number. Click on Get Authorized Pin. The pin will be sent to your new Mobile number.
If your Verification fails, as it did for us, then you might get following error message. Then contact your employer for the details that map to your UAN.
YouTube Video UAN Forgot Password and mobile number change
The YouTube video which shows how to change mobile number when you forget password is also given below,
- All About UAN or Universal Account Number of EPF
- All About EPF,EPS,EDLIS, Employee Provident Fund
- UAN or Universal Account Number and Registration of UAN
- UAN Problems, Password,Mobile Number,Incorrect Details and Help Desk
- FAQ on UAN number and Change of Job
- Transfer EPF account online : OTCP
- Understanding Employee Pension Scheme or EPS