If you tried to link your Aadhaar with your UAN and were unable to do because of mismatch in Name, Date of Borth(DOB) or Gender in UAN data and Aadhaar data then you can use the new functionality provided in the UAN portal to update details. This article explains in detail EPF UAN Correction on how to Correct Name, Date of Birth and Gender in your UAN Online as per Aadhaar if your Aadhaar is not linked with UAN.
Table of Contents
Overview of the process to correct Name, Date of Birth, Details Online
The process involves employee raising the online request by logging onto UAN website. The request will then be forwarded to Employer you can approve or reject the request online. If the employer approves then request will go to EPFO Field Office where Dealing Assistant, Section Supervisor and then APFC/RPFC will reject or approve the request.
The EPFO has not yet provided any time limit for processing EPF UAN basic details correction requests. We have raised this issue with EPFO. Also, as this is a new online facility, you may face some technical issues in submitting the online request.
If your details are linked to Aadhaar then you cannot modify your details by this process. Then you have to submit the request to EPFO through your employer. Link to application is here.
Employee raising the request
- Login to Member Interface of Unified Portal using your UAN and Password.
- Click on Manage>Modify Basic Details.
- Provide the correct details as per Aadhaar (System will verify the details entered with UIDAI- Aadhaar Data)
- On clicking Update Details, the request will be submitted to the employer for further approval.
- Till the employer has not verified the details, One can also withdraw the request by clicking on Delete Request
- After successful verification, your request will be automatically submitted to your employer for further approval.
Employer approving or rejecting the request
Your employer will have to approve the request online. It will then be transmitted to the EPFO field office. The EPF staff will then process the requested corrections.
- The employer will log in to Employer Interface of Unified Portal.
- Employer can view the change requests submitted by employees by clicking on Member>Details Change Request
- The employer can approve or reject the request.
- If the employer approves the request will be transferred to EPFO field office.
EPFO approving or rejecting the request
- In the EPFO office, the Dealing Hand will submit his recommendations, Recommended for Approval or Recommended for Rejection with proper remarks, online in the Field Office Interface of Unified Portal.
- This request will then be verified by Section Supervisor.
- Finally, Assistant Provident Fund Commissioner(APFC)/Regional Provident Fund Commissioner (RPFC) can Approve/Reject the case
The earlier process to correct basic details in UAN
if an employee wants to correct his/her basic details against UAN, employee and employer are required to submit a joint request to the concerned EPFO field office for correction of above mentioned basic details of employee.
If your details are linked to Aadhaar then currently, you cannot modify your details. Then you still have to follow the above process.
The employee prepares a joint request letter or fills the form. Regional PF Commissioner to be filled by your employer. You can download the form for correction of EPF details from here.
- Fill only the information which has to be corrected.
- Once the form is filled, you can mention the documents that you are going to provide as proof of the changes you are requesting for.
- Sign the form
The employer will submit the application to the associated Regional EPFO Field office for changing it. The changes will take to update within 1 month(hopefully).
Details on the application form and document proof are here Steps to Correct EPF Details
Step by step process for EPF UAN correction of Name, Date of Birth, Gender Online
Click on Manage>Modify Basic Details
Provide the correct details as per Aadhaar (System will verify the details entered with UIDAI- Aadhaar Data)
On clicking Update Details, the request will be submitted to the employer for further approval.
Till the employer has not verified the details, One can also withdraw the request by clicking on Delete Request. You can access this option by clicking Manage -> Modify Basic Details -> Pending Requests
If your Aadhaar is already linked to UAN then you would not be allowed to change the details. You would see the view as shown in the image below.
How many days will it take to approve the request for Change of Name, Date of Birth
The EPFO has not yet provided any time limit for processing EPF UAN basic details correction requests. After employee submits the request
- The request is forwarded to Employer you can approve or reject the request online.
- If the employer approves then request will go to EPFO Field Office where Dealing Assistant, Section Supervisor and then APFC/RPFC will reject or approve the request.
For many people who have used this facility, it has taken more than 15 days and still the request has not been approved. We have raised the issue with EPFO through our twitter account.
EPFO reply to such concerns is as follows. You can click on you appropriate Zone and get email and contact details of the EPFO.
Kindly contact your employer OR you may contact the concerned field/Regional Office of EPFO. The contact details are available on EPFO website under the following link/URLhttp://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/Contact_us.php
How does employer Approves the Employee’s EPF Correction
When Employer logs in to the Unified member website for Employers, he will see the requests submitted for Approval by clicking on Member->Approvals. The employer can view the Approval requests by clicking on View. Using his digital signature he can approve the Approval requests by click on DS KYC button if his Digital signature is working, as shown in the image below.
Video on EPF correction online| PF Name, DOB, AADHAR, Gender Change Process
This video shows how an employee can update UAN site with his basic details and how does an employer approves it.
- UAN or Universal Account Number and Registration of UAN
- Change Mobile Number in UAN if forgotten Password and Mobile Number
- Online EPF Withdrawal: How to do Full or Partial EPF Withdrawal Online
- Umang App: What is Umang App? How to register on Umang?
- FAQ on UAN number and Change of Job