The EPF claim is showing settled but I have not received money in my account. When will I get the money? Do I need to do something? Please verify that your bank details are correct. If your bank details are incorrect then one needs to submit the reauthorization form with the cancelled cheque of the bank. This article explains how to Verify your bank account details. if incorrect, you should not reapply but submit Reauthorization form to Regional EPFO office, how to find Regional EPFO office and contact details, how to raise a complaint or EPF Grievance for pending approvals, clarification etc. Also EPFO social media handle on twitter and Facebook.
Table of Contents
Check EPF Claim Status
You can check your EPF partial or full withdrawal claim status by using the following methods. Our article Online EPF Withdrawal: How to do Full or Partial EPF Withdrawal Online explains how to do EPF withdrawal online.
- Login to UAN site with your UAN and password. Go to Online Services -> Track Claim Status You will see a window similar to shown in the image below, where it mentions the date of claim submission and status.
- By clicking on the link on EPF Website https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemClaimStatusUAN/ and entering your UAN and Captcha. Our article After EPF Withdrawal : Claim Status, How Many Days To Get PF Amount explains it in detail.
Date of EPF Withdrawal, Date of Settlement
As explained in our article After EPF Withdrawal: Claim Status, How Many Days To Get PF Amount
- When an employee applies for EPF claim online then it takes 2-15 days to get the PF amount into the bank account.
- When an employee applies for the claim in offline mode then it takes 20-30 days
Once EPF settles the account the EPF site shows the message about the account being settled with the date of payment sent through NEFT.
Time taken for EPF withdrawal depends on the Regional EPFO and varies from Regional EPFO to EPFO.
Example of the Claim settlement process:
- The online claim was made on 16 Mar 2018,
- Claim status shows Dispatch Date is 19 Mar 2018. This is because the claim was filed on Friday 16 Mar 2018 and because of Sat and Sun, the withdrawal request was approved on Monday 19 Mar.
- The amount credited in the bank account on 22 Mar 2018. Note: the amount is credited 2-3 days after the NEFT date mentioned in the Status on EPF site.
Our article Third Party FundTransfer :NEFT RTGS explains the NEFT in detail.
Verify your bank account details and Reauthorization Form
If the claim is settled and many days have passed please verify that bank account number is correct, IFSC code is correct. After logging on to UAN Website (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/) you can click Manage->KYC to see your details.
What if the bank account is closed/or bank details don’t match due to name mismatch or number of digits or incorrect IFSC code? Once NEFT fails then EPF amount will be credited back to the EPFO bank account within 4-6 days.
In such case does one need to reapply for the EPF withdrawal? No, one does not need to reapply for EPF Withdrawal. If you reapply your claim will get rejected as shown in the message below.
The solution is to submit the reauthorization letter to the Regional EPFO office offline with correct bank details and cancelled cheque leaf. After submitting EPF re-authorization letter, it takes 10-15 days to credit your EPF amount to the correct bank account.
From the sample details required in reauthorization form are:
- Correct name,
- Bank address and
- Account number
- The seal and signature of the employer who attests to verify your signature in this form which is mandatory.
The text of the form is given below. We have got this from CiteHr here,from post on 18 May 2018. To get details about your Regional EPFO please scroll down and read the section Regional EPFO office.
RE ISSUE PROFORMA
To, Regional Provident Fund Commissioner,
Employees Provident Fund Organization,
<Region of EPFO>
Subject: Request for re-authorization of returned Cheque/NEFT in r/0 of
Bearing P.F.No. _______________
NEFT/Cheque No. ___________________Date___________ Amount________
NEFT/Cheque No. ___________________Date___________ Amount________.
The Cheque/Neff payment towards the settlement of my Provident Fund/Family Pension Fund amount has not been credited to my SB A/c due to incorrect details.
Kindly re-issue the amount. My Bank details are as under-
1. Saving Bank A/c No. _____________________________
2. Name of the Bank _____________________________
3. Branch _____________________________
4. Full Address of Bank _____________________________
Residential Address _____________________________
(Signature of the Member)
Enclosed: Cancelled Cheque.
I hereby identify & Certify that the applicant has signed/thumb impressed before me.
Signature Of Employer/Authorized Official with office seal
Raise EPF Grievance
If you have a question regarding your PF withdrawal, or transfer or updation of details, or complaint against EPF, your employer then you can use EPF grievance website to lodge a complaint. You can use online grievance only if you have UAN. On this platform, you can lodge the complaint and also track the status of the complaint. Timeline for resolution of grievance raised is 30 days.
Visit http://epfigms.gov.in/ and Click on the Register Grievance to register EPF complaints. To lodge the complaint you must have your EPF UAN number. This has been made mandatory from 1 January 2016.
You need to
- Enter EPF Details
- Enter Personal Details
- Enter Grievance Details
- Attach any related documents in pdf format, max size 1 MB, such as Claim Status Details, PAN Card etc,
Once the complaint is filed, the complainant is provided with a unique registration number. These details also will be emailed to your registered email id.EPF Complaints can be tracked online. An employee can use the registration number to track the status of his/her complaint.
The EPFO verifies the complaint. After that, it is forwarded to the relevant party for resolution. It takes a few days(15-30 days) to get the complaints resolved.
EPFO Social Media
If you want to raise your issue with EPFO then you can get in touch with EPFO on their social media channels, Facebook/Twitter. We would suggest that you do so after raising the grievance. Social media accounts of EPFO are
Your Regional EPFO office
You can also visit the regional EPFO office and try to get information. Please take all the documents like Payslip, Letter from employer, Identity proof like Aadhaar etc to the Regional EPFO office.
Our article How to find your employer’s EPFO office and EPFO office Phone Numbers explains it in detail.
- Go to
- Click on Our Services->Employers
- Click on Establishment Search. You can enter Establishment code/ name of the office
- Enter Captcha
- Click on Search
- After selecting your company/employer Click View Details on the company
- Scroll down to find Establishment Details which gives the name of Regional EPFO office and address.
- You can then go to EPF website and click on Contact Us to find the contact details of your regional EPFO. You need to search for Zonal office and then the Regional office name given as EPFO office name shown below.
Contact details of Regional EPFO office
Video on After EPF Withdrawal Claim
This video answers the questions
- After How Many Days of EPF withdrawal claim will you Get PF Amount?
- How to check EPF Claim Status.
- If PF amount not received after settled status
- Verify Bank Details
- If Bank Details are wrong then Should you reapply?
- Raise EPF Grievance
- EPFO Social Media – Twitter and Facebook
- Contact Regional EPFO office
- Online EPF Withdrawal: How to do Full or Partial EPF Withdrawal Online
- How to merge 2 UAN accounts
- After EPF Withdrawal : Claim Status, How Many Days To Get PF Amount
- How to find your employer’s EPFO office and EPFO office Phone Numbers