Often we want to find information on upcoming Fixed Maturity Plans, Which banks offer best Interest Rates on Fixed Deposits? Interest rates on saving bank accounts? What are returns on Mutual Funds? Ratings of the Mutual Funds? etc We then google and are overloaded with information. After trial and error(some sites do not have updated information) we find the site which we kind of like and book-mark.
This page is an attempt to collect different good sites which help you(and me) find useful information faster. Aim is to provide a start and then let it grow with your contributions. Hence This page or article is therefore not complete.If you want more information on other topics let us know and we shall endeavor to provide is ASAP. If you have come across a site which you have used, share with us by leaving a comment. If you find listed website outdated please let us know. We shall add it to the list with due credit.
Disclaimer: Please note that these funds are not in any order and use it as plain recommendations or starting points for exploring. We have not been paid in cash or kind to include the name of website.
Table of Contents
Fixed Maturity Plans open for subscription
- Value Research Online: Fixed Maturity Plans of Offer : On One page we get information about different FMP’s categorized on the basis of the tenure. We also come to know about opening, closing date, of the FMP and also maturity date . Clicking on the scheme name gives details about the scheme.
- Money Control: New Fund Offers:Debts also provides information on Scheme Name, Fund Class(FMP, Short Term),Open Date,Close Date. MoneyControl:Debt Funds give information open for FMP New Fund Offers. You can also download the form from the link but note it would have distributor code/ARN filled up as ARN-11770.
Interest Rate of Deposits:
- Money Control:Bank Fixed Deposits has information on the INSTITUTION(Name of the Bank) GROUP(Co-operative Banks,Indian Private Sector Banks,Public Sector / Nationalized Banks Foreign Banks) INTEREST % p.a PERIOD(from less than 15 days to 5 years and more) INVESTMENT (Minimum Investment amount) INVESTOR TYPE (General/Senior Citizen) TAX STATUS (Taxable or not). One can search on any of the parameters mentioned above and the Calculate links to Fixed Deposit Calculator which gives Maturity Value and Interest earned.
- RateKhoj:Fixed Deposit Rates allows one to Compare FD rates in India based on institution type Or/and deposit period range
- Money Control:NRI/NRO Fixed Deposit provides information on INSTITUTION, GROUP, INTEREST % p.a ,PERIOD, INVESTMENT (Rs) for NRO or Non- Resident Ordinary Rupee Account accounts. NRO accounts are maintained by non-resident Indian (NRI) in Indian Rupees.This account is used to keep existing funds (earned before becoming an NRI) and also the money earned in India (e.g., rent, dividend, Indian Salary) after becoming an NRI. Interest earned is taxable under Indian income tax.
- Money Control: NRE Fixed Deposit provides information on INSTITUTION, GROUP, INTEREST % p.a ,PERIOD, INVESTMENT (Rs) for NRE or Non-Resident External Rupee Accounts These accounts are maintained by non-resident Indian (NRI) in Indian Rupees. This account is meant for foreign exchange earned outside India and transferred to India. Interest earned is tax-free. They are freely repatriable (money can be transferred without any restriction)
- Money Control: Company Deposits provides information about Company Deposits like COMPANY, RATING, GROUP, MINIMUM INV.(RS), INTEREST OPTION, PERIOD, INTEREST % p.a
- Money Control: Bonds provides information about Listed Bonds, Open Non-Convertible Debentures (NCDs), Capital Gains Bonds,Government Of India Savings (Taxable) Bonds, Tax Free Bonds Issues open
New Fund Offers of Mutual Funds
- Value Research Online: New Fund Offers : One one page we get list of the New Mutual Funds which are on offer. Clicking on the scheme name gives details about the scheme. We also come to know about
- Category and sub category of Mutual Funds ex: Debt Income, Equity Large Cap, Equity Banking, Gold Funds
- Type of Fund:Open-ended, close ended
- Dates: Opening and Closing Dates of the New Fund Offer
- Minimum Investment
- Money Control: New Fund Offers: Has 3 tabs Equity, Debt and Others. It provides information on Scheme Name, Fund Class Open Date,Close Date. You can also download the form from the link but note it would have distributor code/ARN filled up as ARN-11770.
- ValueresearchOnline: Everything about Mutual Funds – the fund returns, category returns, selection and comparison of mutual funds. Value Research Online is one of the most comprehensive site on Mutual Funds. It’s founder, Dhirendra Kumar, is often seen on various financial channels on TV and writes columns and answers queries related to mutual funds on Economic Times.
- MoneyControl: Mutual Funds : has information about Best Funds to buy in different categories, New Fund Offers, Funds update
- MorningStar:Funds provides information about Analyst Ratings,Factsheets,Fund News,Screen Funds,Compare Funds, Instant X-Ray,Rank ETFs. Financial magazine Outlookmoney uses MorningStar ratings for suggestions on mutual funds.
Saving Bank Accounts
RateKhoj: Savings Accounts Interest Rates in India lists Saving Bank Accounts with higher interest rates.
Cost Inflation Index
Bemoneyaware.com:Cost Inflation Index lists Cost Inflation Index from Financial Year 1981-82 to Financial Year 2011-12
Income Tax Rates
Bemoneyaware.com:Income Tax Rates since AY 1992-1993 has income Tax rates or slabs since 1992-93