Nurture your child’s curiosity with immersive activities that make learning about Money an adventure! Play games to understand our currency, Indian Rupee Notes, Banking, Credit Card, Spending, Needs and Wants.
Unlike the school where we have a curriculum and know where to begin from (ABC, DoReMe) for finances or money, we don’t have much clue or help or guidance except what we see and our experiences.
It is essential to learn good money habits as children and the sooner you teach your children, the better prepared they will be for the future. There isn’t a fixed age when you should start teaching your children about money.
Table of Contents
Books and Games for Children for Financial Education
You can also check out our article Books on Money for Children. RBI has Project Financial Literacy and comic books to teach banking concepts to kids. These can also be downloaded in pdf format from RBI website Financial Education and RBI
We have written a book and workbooks on teaching kids about money or
- Check out at Amazon our book Let’s Learn about Money . Kindle edition of the book is available here.
- Soft copy of workbook on teaching children about money.
Board Games To teach children about money, business from our article Board Games To Teach Children About Money
- The Game of Life
- Time and Money
Games on Currency, Indian Notes
The Indian rupee (sign: ₹; currency code: INR) is the official currency of India. The rupee is subdivided into 100 paise. The issuance of the currency is controlled by the Reserve Bank of India.
Today, Banknotes in circulation are of Rs 10, Rs 20, Rs 50, Rs 100, Rs 200, Rs 500 and Rs 2000. Also, coins of 1, 2 and 5 rupees are in circulation. These notes show the portrait of Mahatma Gandhi on the face & hence is called a Mahatma Gandhi series. The pictures on the back of Indian notes reflect our culture, our history, our progress.
Notes have two sides, the side which has the face of Mahatma Gandhi is called as Obverse & the other side is called Reverse. Our article Rupee: Indian Currency and Other Countries, Rupee Symbol goes into detail of Which was the first rupee? When was the Rupee Symbol introduced? Countries which have Rupee has Currency, History of Rupee
To prevent counterfeiting every country includes various types of security features in their banknotes. Our article Security Features in Indian Notes, International Notes covers it in detail.
- History of Money : How Money has evolved from Barter to Bitcoins
- Rupee: Indian Currency and Other Countries, Rupee Symbol
- What is Currency?Why does Currency Value change?
- Currencies of the World, Tricks to Remember Currencies
- What are Central Banks,What is RBI? What do they do?
- Monuments on The Indian Notes: Konark Temple, Himalayas,Manglayan Mission
- Coin: Anatomy, Indian coins, Motto, History, Mint Marks
- The National and Official Languages of India: Hindi, English, Banknotes
- Security Features in Indian Notes, International Notes
Games on Banking
Games for Basics In Life
- How one gets into Credit Card Debt
- How Credit Card Number is Verified Online Using CVV2
- Rupay card: Difference from Visa, Master, One Nation One Card
- How India pays: Cash, Cheque,NEFT,Cards etc
- What is the difference between Debit and Credit Card?
- What happens when Credit/Debit card is Swiped?
- Teaching Kids About Money and Quiz on Child Money Personality
- Money Workbook For Children by Bemoneyaware
- Books on Money for Children
Watch this space for more such games
Did you like these games? f you have any idea or suggestions for games then let us know. If your idea is selected we shall send the workbook for teaching to children about money.