We came across very interesting and informative Infographics(information through images) on Gold by visualcapitalist which we wanted to share with our readers.
- Part 1 (History of Gold)
- Part 2 (Supply and Mining)
- Part 3:Uses and Demand
- Part 4: Gold as an Investment.
How gold is used ?
Generally speaking, global gold demand can be divided into three categories:
- About 50% of gold demand in the world comprises of jewelry sales.
- About 10% of gold is used in technology, where it is used in devices ranging from computers, cell phones, space shuttles, and defense technology.
- 40% of gold is used as an investment.
Did you know that 28% of all the gold jewellery in the world is bought by Indians while 27% is bought by China, 6% by USA and 1% by UK. China’s gold demand has now surpassed India. Hope you enjoy this infographic on Uses and Demand of Gold in Technology and Jewellery.
- Ways to invest in Gold
- Understanding Gold:Purity,Color,Hallmark
- How Gold Ornament is Priced?
- Akshaya Tritiya