An employee who contributes to EPF can check his UAN status online on the official website of EPF for UAN by using his PF Number or Member Id or PAN or Aadhaar number. This article explains the steps to Know your UAN status.
Overview of Steps to Know your UAN status
The UAN is a 12-digit number allotted to each Employee Provident Fund member by the Employee Provident Fund Organization(EPFO). The UAN remains same throughout the life of an employee. The employee will have different member Ids or PF numbers generated when he changes the job. All these member Id’s are linked to the UAN of the employee to ease the process of EPF transfers and withdrawals.
- Go the UAN Portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Click on the button ‘Know your UAN Status’
- Select whether you want to enter PF number or Member Id or PAN or Aadhaar.
- If you Select Member Id then you have to choose State and Office and enter your Member Id.(You can get the PF number/member ID from your salary slip. )
- Enter other details such as name, date of birth, mobile no, captcha code.
- Click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’.
- You will receive a PIN on your mobile number. Enter the PIN and click on ‘Validate OTP and get UAN’ button.
- You will see a message that Your UAN number and status will be sent to your mobile number.
The Video which shows the steps Know your UAN status can be seen here.
Steps to Know your UAN status
Go the UAN Portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
Click on Know Your status as shown in the image below
You will see the window as shown below.
Select whether you want to enter Member Id or PAN or Aadhaar.
If you select Member Id, you need to select state and EPFO office.
Member ID or PF Account Number is in the format given below. Ex: For someone who works in Bangalore the code can be BG/BNG/012345//789.
EPFO Office Code/Establishment Code(Max. 7 Digits)/Extension(Max. 3 digits)/Account Number (Max 7 digit)
PF Account Number may not have Extension code. Then enter 000.
If you select Aadhaar or PAN then enter just Aadhaar or PAN.
Enter other details such as name, date of birth, mobile number, email id, captcha code.(the alphabets which in above image M5G24, they will differ in yours)
Use the same mobile number which you have given to your employer or which is registered with your Aadhaar, else you will get error Mobile Number does not match with available data.
If the details are fine, you can Click on Get Authorization Pin. The button will change to Validate OTP and get UAN
Please check the Disclaimer. The mobile number is recorded. Click on I Agree
You will receive a PIN on your mobile number. Enter the PIN and click on Validate OTP and get UAN button.
You will see a message that
You will get the message on your mobile similar to one shown below(if your UAN is active)
The following video shows How to Know your UAN status
- UAN Problems, Password,Mobile Number,Incorrect Details and Help Desk
- How to merge 2 UAN accounts
- FAQ on UAN number and Change of Job
- New UAN Unified Portal for Employees