EPFO has come up with a new unified UAN portal for Employees and EPF Employers and Establishments from Dec 2016. This article talks about the new UAN Unified Portal for Employees in detail. Employees can log-in to the UAN portal and Update KYC details, Modify Basic Details, Transfer EPF online, Withdraw EPF online, Download UAN Card,
Table of Contents
Why use UAN Portal or UAN Website?
You can use UAN portal for
- Modify Basic Details,
- Transfer EPF online,
- Withdraw EPF online
- Update your KYC information.
- Now Member passbook will be available at http://www.epfindia.gov.in >> Our Services >> For Employees >> Member Passbook. Our article How to View EPF Passbook discusses it in detail.
New UAN Unified Portal after Login looks as follows. After login to the new UAN unified portal, you will notice a clean interface. Menus(Home, View, Manage, and Account), Three major actions (View Passbook, UAN Card and Account Settings), Member Profile on the right-hand side
Login to new UAN Unified Portal
If you have activated your UAN you can Go to EPFO website at UAN: Home (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/). Enter your UAN and Password. You can change your password if your mobile number has not changed or even if it has changed.
- Our article UAN or Universal Account Number and Registration of UAN explains the advantages and how to register/activate UAN to set password in detail.
- Overview of steps to Change Password if Mobile Number is not changed in explained in our article How to Change Password of UAN if Mobile number is not Changed,
- Our article Change Mobile Number in UAN if forgotten Password and Mobile Number Changed talks about setting the new password with changed mobile if you have forgotten your UAN password. .
After you have successfully changed your password you can Login to UAN New Website with UAN number and new Password.
New UAN Unified Portal
After login to the new UAN unified portal, you will notice a clean interface. Menus, Three major actions View Passbook, UAN Card and Account Settings, Member Profile on the right-hand side.
Clicking on More Info will take you to the appropriate action.
New UAN Unified Portal View Menu
View Menu of the new UAN Unified Portal is as shown in image below. You can view your Profile, Service History, UAN card and Passbook through this menu.
View->Profile shows your profile information, UAN number, Date of Birth, Father or Husband’s name as shown in the image below.
View->Service History shows your service details as shown in image below
View->UAN Card shows the UAN card as shown in image below. UAN Card as the name implies shows the Universal Account Number and provides other details. You can download the UAN Card by clicking on Download on the right hand corner or down arrow marked in red in image below.
The front portion of the UAN Card displays UAN, Name, Father’s/Husband’s Name, Member-ID, (as available in the EPFO member database) Photo and KYC. If KYC of this member is uploaded by the employer, it will reflect on the front side of the UAN card by displaying Yes in front of KYC else if will reflect No
The back side of the UAN card displays QR code
latest five Member-IDs linked with this UAN along with the helpdesk no. and email-id.
View->Passbook shows the message that Now passbook will be available at http://www.epfindia.gov.in >> Our Services >> For Employees >> Member Passbook You will see the window as shown in the image below. You have to enter the 12 digit UAN number and Password of UAN website.
Our article How to View EPF Passbook discusses it in detail.
View->Passbook shows your Member Ids and Passbook associated with it. Clicking on Download Passbook associated with Member Id will open another window showing the passbook.
UAN Manage Menu
Manage Menu of the new UAN Unified Portal is as shown in the image below. You can manage your Contact details and KYC
Change Mobile Number or Email In UAN website discusses it in detail.
Manage->Contact Details allows you to change your email id and password as shown in the image below.
Change the email id or mobile number. Click on Get Authorization Pin.
Manage->KYC allows you to add/update your details like PAN, Aadhar, Bank Details. KYC means to know your customer. Once your KYC is approved by your employer then dependency on the employer goes away. You can then withdraw directly from UAN website.
To add KYC you can upload the document and related information as shown in the image below. Minimum you should have following documents for KYC
- Bank Details
Add the details of the document, Document number, Name as per the document and details like Expiry date for passport, IFSC code for Bank. Click on Save
If document details don’t match then you will get an error.
After clicking save documents appear in Pending KYC. Your employer has to approve the KYC and then your dependency on the employer is over for withdrawal,(theoretically atleast)
UAN Account Menu
Account Menu of the new UAN Unified Portal is as shown in the image below. You can change your Password
Our article How to change UAN password explains the process in detail. The Password should contain minimum 7 characters and Maximum 20 characters. Minimum 4 alphabets, minimum 2 digits, 1 special character. At least one character out of 4 alphabets should be Capital and one small letter.
UAN Online Services
One can apply for partial withdrawal i.e loan from EPF site, full withdrawal after leaving job or transfer EPF account through UAN Online Services Menu.
All EPF Member’s who have activated their UAN and seeded their KYC (Aadhaar) with EPFO will be able to apply for PF Final Settlement (Form19), Pension Withdrawal Benefit (Form10-C) and PF Part Withdrawal (Form31) from the UAN Interface directly. This will reduce the EPF Withdrawal time from 20 days to few days.
To claim your EPF Full Withdrawal
- You should not be working at the time of submission of the claim in an establishment that is covered under the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952.
- A claim for the purpose of final settlement can be submitted only after 2 months of the last date of employment.
- Your Aadhaar and PAN Verified
- Your previous employer should have updated your Service History with Date of Exit(DOE) of EPF and EPS.
- Please verify your bank account number. As money is transferred to your bank account.
Article Online EPF Withdrawal: How to do Full or Partial EPF explains the process in detail.
EPF Partial Withdrawal Online
One is not required to give any supporting document while preferring online PF Part Withdrawal case. Member’s applying online will be taken as his self-declaration for preferring the advance claim.
Member’s applying online are required to authenticate their claim submission using OTP sent to their UIDAI registered Mobile number giving consent to UIDAI to share their e-KYC (Aadhaar) credentials to EPFO.
Our article EPF Partial Withdrawal or Advance: Process, Form, How much explains it in detail.
Track Claim Status
You will receive regular updates on your mobile number.
- You can check your claim status by logging to UAN site and clicking on Online Services->Track Claim Status.
- You can also check your claim status by going to EPF website epfindia.gov.in->Our services->For Employee. Selecting Know Your Claim Status. Enter the UAN and the Captcha.