Now you can do EPF Withdrawal Online! On 1 May 2017, Labour Day, EPFO announced that all EPF Member’s who have activated their UAN and seeded their KYC (Aadhaar) with EPFO will be able to apply for PF Final Settlement (Form19), Pension Withdrawal Benefit (Form10-C) and PF Part Withdrawal (Form31) from the their UAN Interface directly. This will reduce the EPF Withdrawal time from 20 days to few hours. This article explains how to do EPF Withdrawal Online? What are the requisites, the procedure?
Table of Contents
Procedure for EPF Withdrawal Online
To claim your EPF Full Withdrawal or EPF Partial Withdrawal
- You should not be working at the time of submission of the claim in an establishment that is covered under the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952.
- You have an option to withdraw 75%of your funds after one month of unemployment and keep their PF account with the body. Announced on 26 Jun 2018
- You would also have an option to withdraw the remaining 25% of your funds and go for final settlement of account after completion of two months of unemployment. Announced on 26 Jun 2018.
A claim for the purpose of final settlement can be submitted only after 2 months of the last date of employment.
- Your Aadhaar and PAN Verified
- Your previous employer should have updated your Service History with Date of Exit(DOE) of EPF and EPS.
- Please verify your bank account number. As money is transferred to your bank account.
If you don’t meet these conditions then you have to go offline and submit the EPF withdrawal form to your previous organization. Our article EPF Withdrawal: How to withdraw from EPF and EPS explains the offline process through the previous employer and also without the employer.
Our article EPF Partial Withdrawal or Advance: Process, Form, How much explains how you can partially withdraw from you EPF while in service for repaying the housing loan, Marriage, Treatment, subject to prescribed conditions
Steps to do EPF Withdrawal online
- Step 1 is to log on to the UAN portal and enter your login details.
- Step 2 is to check whether the KYC details seeded are correct and verified or not. All your KYC should be approved by your employer/
- Aadhaar should be authenticated and verified.
- The date of joining and date of exit (last date of employment) should be available in the EPFO database.
- Bank Account details and the IFSC Code of the branch as the transfer would be online.
- Step 3: Keep a scanned copy
- Of cancelled cheque/front page of passbook with IFSC Code ready.
- Of filled Form 15G ready for upload to avoid TDS deduction. Especially if you are withdrawing within 5 years. Our article Submit Form 15G for EPF Withdrawal online, TDS, Sample Filled Form 15G discusses it detail.
- Step 4 is to select the claim you require out of the 3 namely, full PF Settlement, PF Part withdrawal (loan / advance) or EPS withdrawal as shown in the image below.
- You need to fill Form 31 for EPF partial withdrawal i.e. loan/advance. one doesn’t need to submit any documents along with it.
- You need to fill Form 19 for EPF Withdrawal
- You need to fill Form 10C for EPF Withdrawal.
- Step 5 is to verify the online PF claim using One Time Password (OTP) that you will receive on your mobile number linked with your UAN.
- EPFO will obtain your KYC i.e. Aadhaar details from UIDAI and your online PF claim will be processed and your bank account will be credited with the amount of the claim.
- Track your claim status from UAN Member portal itself.
Before EPF Withdrawal Online
Before you start the withdrawal process make sure all your previous PF accounts are merged into one. The total service in the present and previous organisations will be taken into account and therefore, it is advisable to merge your accounts.
One can do Full or Partial EPF Withdrawal online. One can complete the whole process online and one neither needs to interact with the employer and nor with EPFO field office to submit the online claim. The online claim submitted will be processed and the member’s bank account credited.
This will reduce the EPF Withdrawal time from 20 days to few hours. These are part of Government’s e-gov initiatives and the three forms collectively form more than 80% of EPFO’s claim workload.
For availing EPF Withdrawal facility, one should have
- The employer should have updated Date of Exit of EPF and EPS. Else you will not see the withdrawal option. Go to View->Service History and check that Date of Exit is mentioned as shown in the image here.
- Activated Universal Account Number
- The mobile number used for activating UAN should be in working condition.
- Aadhaar details should be seeded in EPFO database and he/she should avail OTP based facility for verifying eKYC from UIDAI while submitting the claim.
- The bank account along with IFSC code should be seeded in EPFO database.
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) should also be seeded in EPFO database for PF Final settlement claims in case his/her service is less than 5 years.
- Both Aadhaar and PAN should be verified
- Bank Number should be verified.
So if you Login to UAN Website and click on
View-> Service History and see an overview of the various companies you worked in with the date of joining and leaving as shown in the image below. If the last employer,MICRO INDIA PVT LTD, has not updated the Date of Exit (DOE) DOE EPF and DOE EPS then the employee will not be able to withdraw his EPF. There will be no Form 19/10C but only Form 31 as shown in the image here.
Manage->KYC in Approved KYC section you should see your PAN, Aadhaar, and Bank Details as shown in the image below and PAN and Aadhaar should be verified.
Our article How can an employee Verify PAN in UAN website explains it in detail.
Verify Bank Details before EPF Withdrawal
On clicking Verify you see the following message
You can check the mobile number associated with your UAN by going to Manage->Change Contact Details or View->Profile
The article New UAN Unified Portal for Employees talks about the new UAN Unified Portal for Employees in detail.
How to do EPF Withdrawal online in Detail
Steps to Withdraw EPF Online are as follows
- Login to the member interface using UAN credentials.
- Check that KYC and service shown against his UAN are correct.
- Select Online Services. Select the claim(Form 31, 19 & 10C).
- If you are withdrawing EPF then submit both the Forms, Form 19 and 10C.(You would have to repeat the process twice)
- You would see all your details such as Member Details, KYC Details, Aadhaar Details. Click on Proceed for Online Claim
- Choose the claim.
- Enter your Address details
- Upload the scanned copy of filled Form 15G to avoid TDS deduction. Especially if you are withdrawing within 5 years. Our article Submit Form 15G for EPF Withdrawal online, TDS, Sample Filled Form 15G discusses it detail.
- Upload the scanned copy of Cancelled Cheque or Bank passbook.
- Click Generate Claim Form as shown in the image below
- Check the certification. You will see a message saying PF Withdrawal Form Generated Successfully. You can view the Form also.
- Click on Get Aadhaar OTP.
- Check the box that says I am applying for the claim using my Aadhaar credentials.
- Authenticate using Aadhaar credentials.
Track EPF Claim
You can track your EPF Claim submitted online by clicking on Online Services -> Track Claim Status. You will see a window similar to shown in the image below
EPF Partial Withdrawal Online
One is not required to give any supporting document while preferring online PF Part Withdrawal case. Member’s applying online will be taken as his self-declaration for preferring the advance claim. A
dvance or Withdrawals may be availed for the following purposes after putting in at least 5 years of service. The amount that can be withdrawn depends on the purpose, depends on the number of years of service. How many times can one withdraw for the same reason depends on purpose, for example, one can withdraw for the marriage of self, son or daughter, brother or sister 3 times after one has completed 7 years of service. For marriage purpose, one can withdraw 50% of employee share but for treatment, one can withdraw up to 6 times of Wages. Our article EPF Partial Withdrawal or Advance covers it in detail.
Video on How to do Full or Partial EPF Withdrawal online
The video below shows the process of how to do EPF Withdrawal online
When to do EPF Withdrawal offline
No Aadhaar linked: The online claim process is not available to those who do not have Aadhaar or Aadhaar is not linked. Link and Authenticate Aadhar . The non-Aadhaar composite claim form needs more details like date of birth, father’s name and bank account details. Apart from your signature, it has to be certified by your employer.
Bank Detail different from that on UAN site: you can get the payment from EPFO for your claim only into the bank account registered with it and which is shown in your UAN member interface If, for some reason, you want to use some other bank account to get the claim, do not submit the claim online; use the physical process instead, or get the bank account details changed through your current employer. . If you are making the claim offline, fill the form and submit it along with a cancelled cheque.
TDS deducted for EPF less than 5 years: Do remember that if you have been an EPF member for less than 5 continuous years, the maturity corpus is taxable and you will also need to furnish proof of PAN. You cannot submit Form 15G/H.
- EPF Withdrawal:How to withdraw from EPF and EPS
- EPF Partial Withdrawal or Advance
- New UAN Unified Portal for Employees
- EPF Withdrawal before 5 years,TDS,Form 15G,Tax and ITR
Hope it helped you to do EPF Withdrawal. Where did you find problem while filing ITR?