EPFO launched its Online Transfer Claim Portal (OTCP) on Oct 2, 2013 to ensure timely transfer of EPF account from one employer to another when an employee changes job. The aim is easy transfer of money from one account to another online, to make the transfer process transparent, efficient and comfortable for employees. Thos article explains how to transfer EPF account online.
From July-2017 The EPFO has replaced OTCP facility with a new interface on UAN member portal. All PF subscribers can now use this new facility to submit their online EPF transfer requests. The article How to Transfer EPF Online on changing jobs covers it in detail.
On 20 Sep 2017, EPFO has introduced a new composite form called Form 11 that replaces Form 13 in all cases of auto transfer. At the time of joining a new employer, an employee can give details of their previous EPF account in new composite form (Form 11). Once the previous EPF account details are provided in Form 11, the funds will be automatically transferred by the EPFO to new EPF account.
Table of Contents
How to transfer EPF Account Online?
- Check Eligibility for filing Online Transfer Claim : Your previous employer and present employer are available on EPFO database. The employer must register for the digital signature process of EPFO.
- You must be a registered member of the EPFO portal. If not register.
- Step 1- Register at EPF member portal. To register at member portal, you have to give the mobile number, Choose the KYC document, give the document number, name and email address.
- Step 2- Go To the EPF member OTCP portal. Click on ‘log in’. You have to choose the document, its ID and mobile number to log in into OTCP portal.
- Step 3 – Go to the tab ‘Claim‘ and select the ‘Request for Transfer of Account’.
- Step 4- Fill the personal details in section A. In this section you have to enter the name, email ID, bank account number and IFSC code.
- Step 5- Fill PF membership details of previous employment. Once you, enter the PF member ID and click on the button ‘click here to get details‘, except date of birth, all other member details get populated itself. However, if your PF membership detail is not in the database, you have to fill all the details yourself.
- Step 6- Fill the PF membership details of the present Employment. This step is similar to step 5. Once you give the PF member ID, all other details get populated. If you don’t find other details, fill it yourself.
- Step 7 – Choose Employer For Verification. You have to choose between the previous and present employer for verification. the process is similar through both the employer, but the present employer might be more prompt.
- Step 8- You preview the whole form and verify all the details. You can once again change information through this page as well. After the verification, you have to enter the captcha and click on ‘Get Pin’
- Step – 9 You will receive the PIN at your registered mobile number. Enter the PIN into the given field. Check the box of terms and condition and Click on submit.
- Step – 10 After the final submission you can download the PDF copy of the EPF transfer form. You have to take a printout of the form. Sign over this form and submit it physically to the employer. The employer keeps this form for the records. You should submit the physical form as soon as possible. After 15 days, the employer can reject the EPF transfer claim.
Video on How to Transfer EPF Account Online
EPFO has video to explain the entire process of transferring EPF online.
Why and when does one need to transfer EPF account?
Employee Provident Fund (EPF) is one of the main platforms of savings in India for nearly all people working in Government, Public or Private sector Organizations (explained in Basics of Employee Provident Fund: EPF, EPS, EDLIS) EPF system recognizes an employee through his employer. So, when you join a company you are given an account number that’s linked to your employer’s account. EPF has details such as your name, father’s name and date of birth that the employer will provide. But it doesn’t have a way of tracking you when you move jobs. So when you change your job you need to transfer your EPF account from one employer to the other. Often people withdraw from earlier EPF account or just leave it. Our article Withdrawal or Transfer of Employee Provident Fund discusses it in detail.
How was the process of Transfer of EPF account earlier?
Earlier the process was manual. One would fill up Form 13 and submit it with the employer or filling up of Form 13, getting it attested from the previous employer and submitting it to the Provident Fund Office. Employer submitted Annexure K which had details of service period with an employer and the amount of funds deposited in the pension fund account of the subscribers who seek transfer of PF accounts. From thereon, the process would take a long time such as the employer could take a lot of time in submitting the form with the EPF authorities but EPFO had no way of knowing. With OTCP, the EPF authorities are in the loop the minute a transfer is initiated. The EPFO acts as a mediator which puts greater accountability on employers to sign off on the form on time. The employer can view all such claim requests, verify/correct member details, approve and submit the requests online through this portal.
Who can transfer EPF account online?
In order to transfer your EPF account online from a previous employer to the current employer,
- Both previous and present member IDs (PF Account No.) should be available in EPFO database.
- The employers should have registered the digital signature certificate of his authorized signatories with EPFO. That’s because they will need to verify claim papers online by digitally signing it off.
If your employers have not registered their digital signatures online you will need to take the process offline.
Process for filing transfer request online
- Check Eligibility for filing Online Transfer Claim: Your previous employer and present employer are available in EPFO database. The employer must register for the digital signature process of EPFO.
- You must be a registered member of the EPFO portal. If not register by following steps in document PROCESS FLOW FOR REGISTRATION ON MEMBER PORTAL (pdf)
- Login to OTCP website at memberclaims.epfoservices.in . The log-in details are same as are used in Member Portal by selecting Document type, entering Document No. and Mobile No.
- After logging in, in the Menu Bar select Claim and select Request for Transfer of Account
- Fill in details in Part A, Personal Information such as Name,email id, your bank account number and the Indian Financial System Code (IFSC) code.
- Fill in Part B, PF account pertaining to previous employer. Click on Click here to get Details. The details such as the Name of the establishment, Address of the establishment, PF account held by EPFO office and Member’s Name would appear on the screen. Further, Date of joining, Date of leaving, Father’s/ Spouse’s name and Relationship would appear, if available in EPFO database. The member needs to fill up the Date of Birth and other details, if not available. You cannot edit your details i.e. father’s name, relationship, date of birth, date of joining, date of exit as available in the EPFO database
- EPFO will cross-check Your date of birth you filled in with their records. In case you have the wrong date of birth the EPFO will block you for online transfer after three attempts. You will then have to take the process offline. EPFO though will unblock your account after a few days.
- Fill in Part C, PF account pertaining to present employer. Click on Click here to get Details. The details such as the Name of the establishment, Address of the establishment, PF account held by EPFO office and Member’s Name would appear on the screen. Other details i.e. Father’s/ Spouse’s name and Relationship and Date of Joining the fund under present PF Account no. would appear, if available. The member needs to fill up other details, if not available.
- Select the employer through whom you would get the claim attested : the previous employer or present employer.
- Go through the completed application by clicking on the Preview button.
- In case of any changes required in data filled up by member, click on the button To change application data, click here
- Type the characters shown in the text box and click on GET PIN. Read and if satisfied agree to the declaration mentioned in the form by clicking the select button I Agree. The PIN received on the registered mobile is to be entered.
- The Printable Transfer Claim Form (Form-13) can be saved in the system. You have to take a printout of the printable PDF file of Form 13, sign it and submit it to the employer chosen to complete the process of claim submission by the member.
- You can check the status of transfer through your member portal account.
How does one check whether employers are registered for EPF transfer?
To check whether the employers are registered go to epfindia website memberclaims.epfoservices.in/check_eligibility.php shown in image below. Select the state and the office and enter the EPF account details of your previous employer and present employer. Click on Check eligibility. If both your previous as well as current employer registered digital signatures with EPFO then you can submit this claim form either with the previous or current employer for employer attestation.
If your previous employment details as available in the EPFO database are incorrect then?
While filing the online transfer claim, if you find that your previous employment details as available in the EPFO database are incorrect, you can click on the following information is incorrect. The fields would become editable. After entering the correct details in the relevant fields, you have to take a printout of the letter generated (in PDF form), sign it and submit to concerned EPFO office through the previous employer. The online claim can only be submitted with revised details only after the same is rectified by the concerned office after receipt of the letter. Any online claim submitted prior to rectification would be submitted with the available data only. Alternatively, you can submit the physical claim through your employer.
If both your employers, previous and present, have registered digital signatures on the OTCP, Which employer should you submit your claim for attestation?
In case both of your employers, previous and present, have registered digital signatures on the Online Transfer Claim Portal (OTCP) portal of EPFO, the member can submit his claim to either of the employers for attestation.
If the member details pertaining to previous employment are not completely available in EPFO database, although the member can submit the claim through either of the employers, the process for settlement of claim through the previous employer would take relatively less time as all his member details with the previous employment would get verified along with the attestation of the claim by previous employer. In such cases, if the claim has been submitted through the present employer, the verification task of the member details with the previous employment would be sent to the previous employer in addition to the claim attestation by the present employer, which might take relatively more time
Can you file the online claim if only previous employer has registered digital signatures on the Online Transfer Claim Portal (OTCP) portal of EPFO?
Yes, you can file online claim but only through your previous employer if only his previous employer has registered digital signatures on OTCP .
Can you file online claim if only present employer has registered digital signatures on the Online Transfer Claim Portal (OTCP) portal of EPFO?
Yes, you can file online claim but only through your present employer if only your present employer has registered digital signatures on OTCP provided member details pertaining to previous employment exist in EPFO database. Else submit the physical claim through either of his employer.
You need to take a printout of the claim submitted online and give it to the employer after signing it
Please submit the duly signed printout of the claim after its online submission within 15 days. The employer would have the option to reject the online claim application after 15 days.
How to find the claim status of EPF Transfer?
Login to member portal. You would have an updated status of the claim in the View the status of Transfer Claims under CLAIM.
For More Information
EPFO has set up webpage epfindia.com/Employee_OTCP.html which provides detailed information for employee.
- Check Eligibility for filing Online Transfer Claim
- Detailed Instructions (On clicking on the “Detailed Instructions”, following options would appear:
- Important guidelines
- Process flow for filing Online Transfer Claim
- Process flow for registration on Member Portal
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Webpage for employer is epfindia.com/employer_OTCP.html
These articles are organised on our website bemoneyaware.com’s Job : Salary, EPF
- Basics of Employee Provident Fund: EPF, EPS, EDLIS
- Understanding Employee Pension Scheme or EPS
- Voluntary Provident Fund, Difference between EPF and PPF
- Withdrawal or Transfer of Employee Provident Fundnt Problems
- Tax on EPF withdrawal
- EPF Calculator-Method I:3.67%
EPFO is late but is finally catching up with technology to make your life simpler.