EPF passbook allows an employee to see whether Employer is contributing to his EPF account, the interest added by EPFO, the transfer claim if any made. To see the EPF UAN passbook now you would have to go to epfindia.gov.in >> Our Services >> For Employees >> Member Passbook and log in with your UAN website details. This article explains how to see the EPF UAN passbook, how to save the EPF UAN passbook. An excerpt of EPF passbook is shown below
If you have forgotten your password then follow instructions in Forgot UAN Password: How to reset and change UAN password
Table of Contents
To avail the e-passbook facility, EPF subscribers need to register themselves on the UAN website. Our article UAN and Registration of UAN explains the process in detail.
- This facility is to view the Member Passbook for the members registered on the Unified Member Portal.
- Passbook will be available after 6 Hours of registration at Unified Member Portal.
- Changes in the credentials at Unified Member Portal will be effective at this Portal after after 6 Hours.
- Passbook will have the entries which has been reconciled at the EPFO field offices.
- Passbook facility not be available for the Exempted Establishments Members / Settled Members / InOperative Members.
Now EPF UAN passbook is available at http://www.epfindia.gov.in >> Our Services >> For Employees >> Member Passbook
You will see the window as shown in the image below. You have to enter the 12 digit UAN number and Password of UAN website.
After successfully logging in you would see the window as shown in the image below. If you have multiple Member ids i.e you have worked with multiple employers you will see more Member Ids as shown in the image below.
EPF Passbook with multiple Employees ID when one has old and new employer is shown below
Click on the Member Id (000-MRN.. in the image above). You will see the passbook as shown in the image below.
Our article How to Transfer EPF Online on changing jobs explains how to transfer EPF online and also how EPF passbook show the transfer for both new and old employer.
The Passbook has entries till the last reconciled figure
We had got a message from UAN -EPFO on 20 Mar.
Error FO0001=4063 Error on viewing EPF passbook
Many have been getting FO0001=4063 error on logging in to view EPF passbook as shown in the image below. We have raised the issue with EPFO on twitter and facebook and are trying to find more information.
When we tried viewing the Passbook the next morning, we could see it. It seems to be a technical glitch.
Saving the EPF Passbook: NetWork Error
When I tried to Click Download button for saving the passbook I got the following error
Then We saved the passbook by selecting Print & Changing Destination to Save as PDF as shown in the image below
YouTube Video on How to Download EPF Passbook
This video shows how to download the EPF passbook.
- New UAN Website for Employees
- UAN on Change of Job
- UAN Problem: Forgotten my Password, Mobile number changed
- How to Change Password of UAN if Mobile number is not Changed